This is the making of CG short film 'Vehicles & Streets' (2011) created by Zblur team.
Stills & more: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Elements-The-Making-of-V-S/2249196
The completed short is here: vimeo.com/29836774
Element One: STORYBOARD AND PRE-VISUALIZATION - 00:16
Element Two: TEXTURES, SHADERS, CONCEPT ARTS AND DESIGN - 00:57
Element Three: 3D MODELING AND TEXTURING - 02:06
Element Four: MATTE PAINTING - 04:22
Element Five: DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS OF VEHICLE BEHAVIOR - 04:45
Element Six: DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS OF VEHICLE DRIVER - 05:42
Element Seven: GASEOUS DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS - 05:57
Element Eight: LIQUID DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS - 06:31
Element Nine: RIGID AND SOFT BODY DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS - 07:16
Element Ten: PARTICLE SYSTEM SIMULATIONS - 07:29
Element Eleven: DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS OF VIRTUAL CAMERA - 07:59
Element Twelve: COMPOSITING, COLOR GRADING AND MASTERING - 08:17
Yes! The header images of 'Photorealistic CGI' groups is from here.
'Elements: The Making of 'V&S'' was featured on Strictly VFX:
The CGBros Channel:
& The CG Motionbox:
FACTS & STATISTICS
- 'V&S' includes 17 shots (2K).
- Stuff members: 2 artists (Velichkov Bros.)
- Year of release: 2011
- In production: More than 3 years (due to repeated long-term interruptions and conceptual changes).
- Actual duration of the production: Less than 3 mounts.
- All pre-visualizations were made in January 2008.
- Almost all CG input renders were made in early 2010.
- There are more than 650 000 000 (650M) polygons (excluding millions of particles) included in one scene only. This exists in several scenes.
- There are between 250 and 300 layers (including passes, adjustments and FX) used in a single scene (in some scenes).
- Average layers: More than 180 per scene.
- No scene with less then 100 compositing layers exists.
- The longest shot lasts more than 35 seconds.
- There is a live footage in shot 8 (the car driver, which is played by Martin Velichkov).
- Ready made VFX or live footages have not been used.
- CG Short - Making Of
- CGI, 3D, Post-Production, Simulation of Vehicle, Character, Gaseous Simulation, Liquid Simulation, Rigid Body, Soft Body, Lighting & Rendering, Compositing, Texturing, Modeling, Matte Painting, Photorealistic, Computer Animation, Visual Effects, Particle System Simulation, Making Of, VFX